Do you get a special sense of satisfaction when things are perfectly in order? Do you find yourself straightening items while shopping in stores? Do you feel relaxed and happy once everything is in its rightful place? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the opportunity for you!
The Ferguson Municipal Public Library is seeking volunteer shelvers to assist library staff with the reshelving and organization of the library's physical collection.
- Placing returned books, DVDs, and other items on their correct shelves based on a specific system of organization.
- Reorganizing or "revising" shelves and sections to be in proper browseable order.
- Straightening and shifting shelved items.
- Assisting circulation staff with locating missing materials not found in their proper places.
- Assisting other staff with miscellaneous projects as needed.
Volunteers must be willing and able to work independently. Group volunteer opportunities are available, but must be discussed and scheduled with library staff.
- Literacy / Reading
- Library Sciences
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Youth under the age of 12 who wish to volunteer must have an adult present at all times.