BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION TO HOMELESSNESS
Do you want to volunteer on a deeper level and watch the effects of your involvement blossom before your very eyes?
Imagine LA ends the cycle of family homelessness by mobilizing trained mentors, collaborative public and private resources, and community leaders who understand that a roof over one’s head is merely the starting point to a better life.
Imagine LA's innovative Family Empowerment & Mentorship model utilizes intensive family case management and super charges it with mentorship and access to private and public resources. We match and guide teams of trained volunteers to work with families emerging from homelessness or at severe risk of homelessness to maintain their housing, to attain self-sufficiency and to ensure that every family member thrives. Imagine LA matches every family member with a one-to-one mentor; plus every family gets a Budget Mentor; and other volunteers help with tutoring, career development, childcare, healthcare, meal-planning and more.
There are several ways to be involved with a family:
- Team Liaison (1-2 year commitment, minimum 1 hour weekly), coordinates and oversees the Team, using community resources and services available to them
- Budget Mentor (1-2 year commitment, 2-3 hours biweekly at first, then once a month), meets with the head of household every 2 weeks - monthly to help work on budgeting, credit repair, savings, and opening bank accounts
- One-to-one Mentor (1-2 year commitment, 1-2 hours weekly, meet with mentee consistently biweekly in person), meets with their mentee to provide nurturing and coaching. Helps each family member build a sense of community and support and also helps head of household with career development, job coaching, and education support
- Tutor (Minimum 3 months or up to program duration, once a week), provides skills training in areas needing improvement and assist mentee in improving study skills/habits and building confidence
- Health/Nutrition Mentor (Minimum 3 months or up to program duration, as needed), assists Family in accessing medical and dental care, and with grocery shopping, meal planning and meal preparation
- Additional mentors and advocates as needed. These may include support for child care, support for moving, wellness, legal support, etc.
YOU can be a vital part of a family's journey out of the cycle of homelessness, poverty and neglect.
Contact Tara Ignont at 323.944.0210 x1010 or email@example.com for a Mentorship Application today!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Financial Literacy
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 yr, 1-2 hr biweekly