Clerical/Education Materials Volunteer
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the lives of children? Would you like to volunteer your office management, clerical or data entry skills to help our program run more smoothly?
Jumpstart is looking for volunteers to support the Los Angeles Community Corps team behind the scenes! Our program provides preschool children in underserved communities with literacy activities to help them thrive. Become a volunteer and help the program staff in the regional office!
An organized and detail-oriented volunteer is needed to help enter data & support with clerical activities around the office. This will increase staff capacity, leading to a stronger program and higher quality services for children. Volunteers tasks include:
- Support data entry of volunteer, preschool, and child paperwork into Jumpstart systems
- File documents & assist with general office organization
- Track collection of paperwork & review documents to ensure completion
- Assemble weekly activity kits to be used in each of the preschool classrooms across LA
- Track weekly distribution & collection of our children’s books & lesson plans
- When available/if interested, support material creation parties with other community volunteers
This opportunity is flexible in both schedule and time commitment during regular business hours. Some experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic computer skills are needed. Bring your partner or a friend! Interested or have questions? Email CommunityCorpsLA@jstart.org or call (213) 387-5505 and ask for Kayla.
- Child Development
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 or more hours a week - it's up to you!