Education Materials Volunteer
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the lives of children? Would you like to volunteer your organizational skills to help our classroom activities be successful?
Jumpstart is looking for volunteers to support the Los Angeles Community Corps team behind the scenes! Our program provides preschool children in underserved communities with literacy activities to help them thrive. Become a volunteer and help the program staff in the regional office!
Volunteers are needed to support staff in creating, inventorying, and organizing educational materials. Some of the volunteer tasks include:
- Assemble weekly activity kits to be used in each of the preschool classrooms across LA
- Track weekly distribution & collection of our children’s books & lesson plans
- Develop an organizational system for flow of educational materials to and from preschools
- When available/if interested, support material creation parties with other community volunteers
This opportunity is flexible in both schedule and time commitment during regular business hours. Come once a week, twice a week, or bi-weekly! Bring a friend! Interested or have questions? Email CommunityCorpsLA@jstart.org or call (213) 387-5513 and ask for Deisy.
- Child Development
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment