JerseySTEM is looking for community volunteers with local familiarity of the Elizabeth, NJ area to develop relationship with community stakeholders, other non profits, community centers, local libraries, and places of worship, You will be reporting to the site manager. The volunteer will field calls and emails, reach out and identify opportunities of partnership. Will help with local fundraising efforts, which includes reaching out to local businesses and merchants. Finally, you will help with publicizing the JerseySTEM program with local communities.
JerseySTEM is a network co-op of parents, professionals, students and educators whose goal is to promote excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education. We are dedicated to partnering with local schools and other organizations to create and enhance STEM-oriented educational opportunities as part of students' paths towards college and career readiness, and to develop effective STEM programs and initiatives that engage students and educators. JerseySTEM is also committed to bridging the gender gap in STEM education and sharing STEM-related opportunities with underprivileged students and communities.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must have daytime availability
- STEM Speaker Series coordinator
- Executive Assistant to the Board...
- Development: Corporate...
- Academic Director
- Community Manager (Newark, NJ)
- Mentoring program coordinator
- App Inventor Coach
- Development: Retail Stores...
- Public Relations for a Community...
- Computer Science Education...
- Google Apps/Calendar support
- Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- Content Writer
- Development: Sponsors Development
- Organizational Chart maintenance
- Development: NationBuilder and...
- Community Manager (Elizabeth, NJ)
- Morris County Site Lead