Requirements and Qualifications:
- Age - Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent required, unless otherwise noted.
- Skills - Strong desire to work to ensure that every person has the opportunity to succeed required.
- Other - Must meet all screening requirements.
Specific Volunteer Duties:
- Participate in scholarship campaign for the organization.
- Regularly attend Council meetings and important related events.
- Make commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about Council matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Get to know other Council members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Share information about the organization in the community.
- Recruit and invite other appropriate members to join the Council.
- Periodically review the performance of the Council and take steps to improve its performance.
- Provide candid and constructive feedback, advice, and comments.
Other Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high standard of role model behavior for youth.
- Participate in ongoing in-service training and development activities as required for volunteer service.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd policy and state guidelines.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Event Planning / Management
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours bi-monthly plus committee