This opportunity involves a two-person team, driving our van to several different grocery stores to pick up donated and salvage food items to be distributed to our guests at the ministry. These stores must be picked up in the morning. Upon return to our building items need to be unloaded onto the loading dock. We pick up the stores 6 days a week. Some of the food boxes are up to 50 lbs.We currently have some open spots on these two-person teams:
- Tuesdays we have two available slots available for volunteering. One person to pick up one grocery store. One person to ride along with the driver to assist picking up five stores
- Fridays we are needing one person to assist the driver every other week.
- 2nd, 4th & 5th Fridays of each month we need one person to pick up one store.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Faith-based Leadership
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Approx. 3 hours
- Must attend a 1 hour orientation, have valid Drivers License, and be able to lift 50+ pounds