This opportunity involves a two-person team, driving our van to several different grocery stores to pick up donated and salvage food items to be distributed to our guests at the ministry. These stores must be picked up in the morning. Upon return to our building items need to be unloaded onto the loading dock. We pick up the stores 6 days a week. Some of the food boxes are up to 50 lbs.We currently have some open spots on these two-person teams:
- Tuesdays we have two available slots available for volunteering. One person to assist the driver in picking up three grocery stores. One person to ride along with the driver to assist picking up three stores.
- Wednesdays we need one or two people to pick up one store.
- Fridays we are needing one person to assist one driver every other week. We also need another two-person team.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Faith-based Leadership
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Approx. 3 hours
- Must attend a 1 hour orientation, have valid Drivers License, and be able to lift 50+ pounds