Help restore prairie by collecting native wildflower seed. Volunteers help increase the amount and diversity of seed planted each year in the more than 800 acres of restored prairie managed by Three Rivers Park District. Seed collection starts in late August and runs through early October on selected Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
For the current schedule and to register go to: http://www.threeriversparks.org/events/Groups/prairie-seed-collection.aspx
The minimum age for participation is 12. Youth must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult/8 youth 12-14 years). Groups of 10 or more adults or youth accompanied by adults may arrange special collection dates by contacting Angela Isackson, Natural Resources Wildlife Specialist, at 763-694-7851 or Angela.Isackson@threeriversparks.org.
One-time helpers are welcome; however, ongoing membership in the volunteer program is encouraged. To sign up as a volunteer or for more information, contact the Volunteer Office at 763-559-6706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- One time or ongoing. 3 hours a session.
- Able to hike into the prairie which is uneven with tall grass. Manual dexterity is needed.
- ALPINE SKI PATROL
- NATURAL RESOURCES VOLUNTEERS
- PARK PATROL
- PRAIRIE SEED COLLECTION
- OUTDOOR REC YOUTH CREW
- PROGRAM VOLUNTEER
- AUTUMN WOODS CLASSIC EVENT...
- OUTDOOR RECREATION VOLUNTEER
- WEEKDAY PROGRAM VOLUNTEER
- GARLIC MUSTARD PULLS
- BUCKTHORN REMOVAL
- EVENT VOLUNTEER
- CANOE/KAYAK PROGRAM VOLUNTEER
- BIG WOODS CLASSIC MOUNTAIN BIKE...