YOPW is classified as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Funding is secured from several sources including business and individual donations, grants, fundraising, tuition, ticket sales and program ads. Monies received through grant awards allow YOPW to offset some of the costs of its programs, including tuition assistance for low income students.
The Youth Orchestras of Prince William has had a tremendous impact on the community we serve for the past 35 years. YOPW currently provides musical opportunities for over 200 young musicians in Prince William and surrounding counties. The Board of Directors plays a central role in making sure this vital program continues to thrive.
All regular meetings held on the second Thursday of each month from *7:45 - 9:15 pm* at St. Matthews Lutheran Church, Lake Ridge
- December 8, 2016
- January 12, 2017
- February 9, 2017
- March 9, 2017
- April 13, 2017
- May 11, 2017
MARKETING AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
The Marketing and Community Relations Committee sets the vision for and manages the overall marketing strategy of YOPW.
- Work with ED to define the short-term and long-term marketing needs.
- Work with the ED to determine annual and long-range goals.
- Provide annual marketing budget recommendations.
- Set priorities for marketing efforts; evaluate plans and strategies; and present outcomes to Board of Directors, as appropriate.
- Work with ED to coordinate efforts around the YOPW brand, public relations, website, social media communications, newsletters, annual report, events, and other marketing projects.
- Identify and recruit community leaders to serve with Board members on the Marketing Committee.
- Engage in advocacy and networking.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Music Arts
- Youth Services
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training