Freeze nation is currently seeking a Marking & Sponsorship Coordinator volunteer to assist in the development of a promotional campaign for our 2017 season. The Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator’s main responsibility is to learn and provide support in marketing and sponsorship-related areas of the organization.
Duration: Flexible, generally 6 months during season January to June.
Hours: Estimate 10-15 hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
Compensation: This is a volunteer position that is unpaid.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies in promoting the Colorado Freeze. Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing, advertisement, fundraising and sponsorship.
- Assist in development of content for promotional materials including direct mail pieces, print and electronic newsletters, web site and social media stories, media releases, and other materials as needed.
- Coordinate with digital media volunteer to translate create concepts into print, online, and other collateral materials for website and social media optimization.
- Grow and expand sponsorship development. Reach out and work directly with potential sponsors in creating programs that maximize goal of the sponsor’s investment.
- Assist with current sponsorship and partnership initiatives by maintaining database records, tracking donations, and thanking sponsors.
- Actively participate and present proposals in board meetings and committees as necessary and appropriate.
- Knowledge and passion in sponsorship and partnerships in the sports community is ideal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Strong creativity, with the ability to think outside the box to meet the restrictions of stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and a high level of problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done. Must be willing to take initiative and enjoy a challenge.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines, something within a team environment.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- Knowledge and interest of the game of football.
- Flexible scheduling, generally work from home with significant online communications.
- Ability to apply your knowledge learned in the classroom and gain valuable work experience and professional references.
- Participate as a member of a professional sports organization on a national league with dedicated volunteers and players.
- Be part of making history by promoting the growth of women’s professional football.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16