Freeze nation is currently seeking a Digital Media & Graphic Designer Volunteer to assist in the development of a promotional campaign for our 2017 season. The Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator’s main responsibility is to learn and provide support in marketing and sponsorship-related areas of the organization.
Duration: Flexible, generally 6 months during season January to June.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
Location: Must be able to meet in person in Denver, CO area, but primarily done virtually.
Compensation: This is a volunteer position that is unpaid.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with development of creative concepts in promoting the Colorado Freeze. Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues.
- Assist in development of graphical and video content for promotional materials including direct mail pieces, magazine ads, brochures, fact sheets, online web site and social media, banners, and other materials as needed.
- Coordinate with board to translate creative concepts into print, online, and other collateral materials for website and social media optimization.
- Actively participate and present proposals in board meetings and committees as necessary and appropriate.
- Use art and technology (graphic & video) to communicate ideas in the sales and marketing of the football team.
- Sound experience in graphic design, as demonstrated through a portfolio.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Strong creativity, with the ability to think outside the box to meet the restrictions of stakeholders.
- Positive, enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done. Must be willing to take initiative and enjoy a challenge.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Adobe CC or C6 (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator), and video editing software.
- Knowledge and interest of the game of football.
- Flexible scheduling, generally work from home.
- Ability to apply your knowledge learned in the classroom and gain valuable work experience and professional references.
- Build your professional portfolio.
- Participate as a member of a professional sports organization on a national league with dedicated volunteers and players.
- Be part of making history by promoting the growth of women’s professional football.
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Graphic Design
- Video Production
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Flexible, based on needs of organization