Summary: Outreach Volunteers will be able to join an enthusiastic team within the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that focuses on working with schools participating in our philanthropic community service project. Various tasks include:making outbound phone calls and sending e-mail communication to targeted contacts for the LLS school-based campaign, visiting schools for assemblies and meetings and assisting the Student Series team. This opportunity is well-suited position for candidates that are interested in broadening their knowledge of campaign support, nonprofit organization and relationship building. Ideal candidates will enjoy working with others and supporting the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), to: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
LLS exists to find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. We are the voice for all blood cancer patients and we work to ensure access to treatments for all blood cancer patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficiently make outbound phone and acknowledgement calls to prospective and existing contacts and/or leads in order to create interest in and commitment to participation in campaign.
- Provide accurate follow up through proactive phone and/or e-mail communications and visiting nearby schools to assist with assemblies and strategy planning meetings.
- Assist in the development of program materials, including assembly and distribution.
- Prepare assigned campaign correspondence and reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to professionally represent LLS and its mission
- Capacity to confidently speak with educators regarding key messages and values of the campaign
- Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to collect and organize data effectively
- Early morning shifts
Because we need assistance during weekday mornings and afternoons, this is not an ideal opportunity for high school students.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Time commitment can vary