62 people are interested
Credit Union Seeks Advisory Board Members
62 people are interested
Taleris Credit Union, Inc. (TCU) is currently seeking qualified individuals (must be 18 years of age or older), to serve as Advisory Board Members. The Advisory Board Member is charged with assisting the Board of Directors and Management Team, in setting the overall direction, strategy and policies for TCU.
The successful candidate should have a fundamental understanding of business and finance. Previous organizational leadership, business management and strategic planning experience a plus.
This is a voluntary position (non-paid), has a service term of twelve (12) months, which is renewable each term year and requires a commitment of ten (10) to fifteen (15) hours per month.
The Advisory Board member serves Taleris Credit Union, Inc., Inc. (TCU) by assisting the Board of Directors and Management team in a consultative capacity. Advisory Board members help to set the overall direction, strategy, and policies for TCU with the primary interest of the membership at the forefront.
Additionally, Advisory Board members ensure that TCU is lead and managed well, is in compliance with legal requirements, and serves the members to the maximum extent possible, while protecting the safety and soundness of the organization.
Advisory Board members also monitor progress in achieving the goals and objectives outlined for TCU, create a direct link to important professional and technical expertise, and provide assistance to other volunteers without enlarging the governing board. Advisory Board members have no governing function within the organization
ADVISORY BOARD STRUCTURE
- Members are appointed by the Board of Directors to serve a 12 (twelve) month term, which may be renewed term year to term year
- Up to five (5) individuals may serve as Advisory Board members
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Jointly with Other Members
- Developing an understanding of the business, market and industry trends
- Provide "wise counsel" on issues raised by owners/directors and/or management team
- Provide unbiased insights and ideas
- Encourage and support the exploration of new business ideas
- Act as a resource for management team and the board members
- Encourage the development of a governance framework that supports the successful operation of TCU
- Monitor TCU performance
- Impose challenges to board members and/or management team that could improve TCU
As an Individual Member
- Responsible for attending regular monthly board and committee meetings, annual and special membership meetings, and periodic planning and strategy meetings.
- Read and evaluate monthly financial statements and other reports before meetings.
- Provide input regarding decisions made by the Board.
- Represent TCU to the community.
- Represent and promote TCU and its services to its members and potential members.
- Fulfill educational and training requirements.
- Disclose possible conflict of interests on issue(s) related to any matters or business that may affect TCU.
- Keep informed about any TCU plans, activities and business needs
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES TO BE ACQUIRED WHILE SERVING AS AN ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER:
- Understanding and commitment to the Credit Union movement and philosophy.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret TCU financial statements, reports and analyses.
- Fundamental understanding of laws, rules, requirements, and regulations governing TCU and the Credit Union industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of funds management, asset/liability management concepts, lending and collections, marketing concepts, and risk measurement and management.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
Must be a member in good standing with TCU (eighteen years of age or older), be capable of attaining the knowledge and abilities referenced, and have sufficient volunteer time to devote to the duties of the position.
Ten to fifteen hours / month, depending upon committee assignments, positions held as advisory board member. Three to six hours per month to prepare for and attend monthly board meetings. Three to four hours per month to prepare for and attend committee meetings. Two to four hours per month for ongoing education (more for new directors). Attendance at the Annual Meeting, a one to three-day Strategy Planning Session, and Post Planning Sessions. Any of these meeting sessions may also include
Saturdays and /or Sundays, as may be scheduled. Periodic attendance at TCU, local, state and national Credit Union events.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About TALERIS CREDIT UNION INC
6111 OAK TREE BLVD, SUITE 110, INDEPENDENCE, OH 44131, US
"Create Opportunities for Our Members, Their Families, Communities and Staff to Thrive Financially and Improve Their Quality of Life for Generations."
For over 80 years, Taleris Credit Union (TCU) has provided Members with quality financial services at an affordable cost. With over 70 million dollars in assets, TCU now serves over 10,000 Members across the United States and over 180 businesses and organizations. Locally, TCU serves Cuyahoga, Medina, Lake, Summit, Geauga, Portage, Stark, Mahoning, Columbiana, Ashland, Ashtabula, Trumbull, Wayne and Lorain Counties. Individuals who work, live, worship or attend schools in those counties are eligible, along with their families, to join TCU.
As a TCU Member, you can enjoy the confidence of competitive earnings on savings, low rates on loans, and the convenience of a wide range of products and services like Bill Pay Services, Mobile Banking, Online Membership Application, 24-Hour Account Access, Members Discount Programs, and a full line of Small Business Services.
Taleris Credit Union also believes strongly in the Credit Union Philosophy of "People Helping People". TCU participates in many charitable events throughout the year and they are directly involved in a variety of community events and local youth sport sponsorships. TCU is also involved in educating local students about their finances and they offer an annual scholarship program which awards students for their scholastic efforts.
Looking forward, Taleris Credit Union is dedicated to adding new and innovative products and services as well as seeking new opportunities for growth and expansion to meet the changing needs of its Membership.
6111 OAK TREE BOULEVARDSUITE 110INDEPENDENCE, OH 44131
September 1, 2021
- Business Analysis
- Cost Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Ten (10 to Fifteen (15) hours per month.
- Basic understanding of business and finance. Previous leadership and management experience a plus.