Do you have graphic design skills and are looking to give back to your community? BUILD is seeking Graphic Designers to support 10th grade student entrepreneurs as they develop their business brand.
With the guidance of volunteer graphic designers, student business teams will understand the concept and power of branding, design thinking, and professionalism. When you volunteer as a graphic design consultant, you provide students with real-world, hands-on experience as well as expand your own portfolio to include this unique clientele. Students will present you with ideas and a creative brief and together you will develop the teams' brand and ultimately, a logo design for teams to use on business collateral. it is our goal to have graphic design consultants build important relationships with our young entrepreneurs and help them grow professionally and creatively.
- Serve as a graphic designer for 2 BUILD student business teams.
- Attend in-person meeting(s) with business teams to discuss graphic design as a career and facilitate a brand and logo consultation.
- Create 2-3 logo options for each team to choose from with a one week turnaround.
- Be willing to speak to students about your educational and professional pathways that led you to where you are today.
- Graphic design experience, proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or similar software programs.
- Desire to work with under-resourced youth with enormous potential.
- Patient, flexible and able to convey information in a way students will comprehend.
- Reliable, dedicated and able to model professionalism for students.
- Ability to attend 2 meetings (in-person is preferable, virtual meetings can be arranged).
Coliseum College Prep: January 30th, 2017 & February 13th, 2017
Lionel Wilson College Prep: January 31st, 2017 & February 14th, 2017
Envision Academy: January 31st, 2017 & February 14th, 2017
Golden State Prep: February 1st, 2017 & February 15th, 2017
MetWest High School: February 2nd, 2017 & February 16th, 2017
BUILD is an innovative and successful college readiness non-profit organization whose mission is to use entrepreneurship to ignite the potential of youth from under-resourced communities and propel them to high school, college, and career success. By helping students develop and run their own small business, BUILD supplements traditional school with critical skill-building for the future.
- Graphic Design
- Relationship Building
- Graphic Design / Print
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours