Interested and qualified candidates should forward their cover letter and resume, along with availability. Along The Way provides training - CPR and Clearances.
We are looking for loving and compassionate people to care for the children of single mothers. This is a part-time position (up to 30/35 hours) nights and weekends. We have numerous shifts from 3pm-7am weekdays and 24 hours on weekends. Along The Way is committed to providing affordable, reliable, quality in-home childcare for single moms working nights and weekends.
- Our Caregivers responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting the individual needs of the children
- Interacting with the children to support play, exploration, and learning
- Assuring completion of daily documentation for each client assignment
- Providing assistance with infants and children’s personal hygiene as needed (bathing, dressing, changing, feeding, administering medications, etc.)
- Preparing/serving meals for client’s children as needed
- Communicating appropriately and effectively with mothers, children and fellow staff.
- Participating in staff and training meetings.
- Building teamwork.
- Committing to continuing children's education.
Caregivers are responsible for ensuring compliance with Along The Way’s policies and procedures. Most importantly, they create a positive environment in the client’s home where children are nurtured and provided with the attention and support necessary for a stable, routine and secure transition from daytime activities to rest and sleep at night.
- 2 or more years of directly related childcare experience or equivalent experience in day care center, preschool or other similar setting
- Able to lift, bend, and carry infants and small children (up to 25 lbs)
- Insured vehicle and be legally eligible to drive to regular assignments at client’s home
- Over 18 years of age
- Communicate effectively with diverse and sometimes irate individuals and handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency
- Affirm and abide by Along The Way Statement of Faith
- High school diploma or GED
Preferred, but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree in EEd, ECD, or related field or Associate’s degree
- Bilingual (Spanish)
For More information about Along The Way please visit our website: www.alongthewaypa.org
- Job Type: Part-time
- Job Location: Telford, Souderton, and Boyertown
- Required education: High school or equivalent
- Required experience:Childcare: 1 year
- Required licenses or certifications: Driver's License and Pediatric First Aid and CPR
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training