Under the direction of the Restorative Justice Services Case Coordinators and Program Manager, the Restorative Justice Services Volunteer serves an active role in the delivery of Restorative Justice circles and programs throughout Weld County. Volunteer Facilitators/Co-Facilitators will lead conference circles. Community and Business Representatives will provide perspective on the impact and harm the criminal activity had on the community or businesses. They will also suggest ways for how the harm can be repaired. When the actual victim of the crime is unavailable/unwilling to attend the Restorative Justice process, or only submits a victim impact letter, the Victim Surrogate will represent the interests of the victim at the conference circle.
Please Note: This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be all inclusive.
- Facilitate circle conferences and RESTORE sessions as needed.
- Ensure that contact has been made with the youth, victim, and the affected community when scheduling conferences and meetings.
- Debrief and support co-facilitators, community members and business representatives.
- Create files and packets with all necessary forms, paying particular attention to detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, speaking and listening
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Works well in partnerships and collaborations
- Flexibility in schedule and mindset
- Sensitivity to individual values and opinions of parties
- Ability to be in the presence of conflict and work with it
- Ability to de-escalate emotionally charged situations
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system is helpful
- Good organizational skills
- Interest in helping the community, youth, and victims.
- Experience/training in mediation and group facilitation highly desirable.
- Education, experience and/or training in restorative justice highly desirable.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish highly desirable.
- Live or work within Weld County or the surrounding counties.
- 6 months to 1 year minimum commitment; 8-10 hours per month.
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per month
- 6 months to 1 Year Minimum Commitment