Currently seeking program committee members. We are a "working" board that includes mental health advocates representing various communities, perspectives and fields, including mental health professions, marketing/communications, public policy/advocacy, business, finance, law and development/fundraising among others.
The program committee works together to plan our professional trainings, wellness/prevention initiatives, and our annual teen essay contest.
Commitee members can serve on an ad hoc basis or join the board. Board members are elected by MHANS and serve for a three year term that is renewable. The Board of Directors includes 12 to 15 members who live and/or work in various north suburban communities.
Commitee members are expected to:
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Participate in an annual retreat
- Take an active role in program development and evaluation
- Attend events including fundraisers and educational/advocacy programs
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hour board meeting per month plus committee work