Librarians are responsible for acquiring, organising, managing and distributing library resources, and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all its users.
Alliance Française is an independent, non-profit, cultural and learning center dedicated to the study of the French language, cultural exchange and friendship between Americans and all French-speaking people. Alliance Française is part of a global network of Alliances with over 800 chapters worldwide (110 in the US), promoting francophone and cross-cultural dialogue.
We have a new security system and a new library management system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting independent research and learning
- Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc
- Promoting the library's resources to users
- Answering readers' enquiries
- start entering data on our collection,
- Reorganize library resources
A well developed knowledge of the principles and practices of library work
Able to identify customer needs and requirements
Excellent organisational skills
If you have time and you love books, join us!
It's a lot easier if you speak some French!
You can also come with friends and spend time chatting while helping us !
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- at least one morning or afternoon each week
- basic French