The Grant writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate HSAMF’s mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish relationships with foundations, conduct prospect research and maintain/report on a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. Candidate for this position reports to the Executive Director.
The Grant Writer is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. This includes researching, compiling, writing and editing grant applications as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process.
- Conducts research on potential funding sources, such as corporate, family and charitable foundations
- Works closely with program leaders to develop and transform ideas into grant proposals
- Maintains funding opportunity databases, activity tracking system, and related confidential files
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submissions of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Bachelors Degree. Strong organization and time management skills. Flexibility. Proficiency at Microsoft Office Word, and Excel. Background check, online orientation training, 3 month probation period.
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills are essential
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly-organized and have experience using online databases
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Understanding of homeschooling and/or military families preferred but not required
- Experience in the nonprofit sector preferred but not required
Work from home, any time of day. Hours vary, average 5-8 hours a week. Requires a 6 month commitment.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-8 HOURS A WEEK