Everyday the Laramie Soup Kitchen receives food donations from local businesses such as Safeway, Ridley's, Bagle Makers, and Little Ceasers. As a result, we are looking for a friendly and responsible person to complete food pick-ups and then deliver them back to the Laramie Soup Kitchen. Our goal is to conitually maintain a positive relationship with our supporters and we will therefore be seeking a responsible and professional individual to fill this position.
Ideally, we are looking for one or two individuals to either split or work together to ensure the proper pick-up of donated food. This position requires the volunteer(s) to use their own vehicle and lift 50-100lbs.
8 - 10 a.m. Monday- Friday. Hours are flexible as some mornings will take less than 2 hours.
This is an unpaid volunteer position; however, mileage reimbursement will be provided. Hours can count as community service.
- Must be available to finish pickups in the morning before 10 a.m. (or earlier)
- Operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state and federal
regulations and company policies
- Follow the route and schedule
- Pick up any additional stops as needed
- Load, unload, log, and help to put away the donations brought in
- Maintain good relationships with donors/partners through friendly interactions and quick
reporting of any problems or concerns
- Maintain and update drivers log sheets
- Keep a clean and orderly vehicle (Food safety)
- Read, sign, and follow guidelines in Volunteer Handbook and Job Description
- No smoking while doing Pick Ups
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with one year driving experience
- Friendly and professional personality
- Ability to work mornings
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal relationship skills
- **Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs into your vehicle, out of your vehicle and be able to carry down
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Exposure to spoiled produce
Please contact Sarah at 307-460-1605 or email email@example.com.
Call 307-460-1605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are flexible and are willing to work with prospective volunteers on what works best for them.
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday- Friday Mornings. 10 Hours Max.