About Blessings in a Backpack:
When school dismisses on Friday, 15.8 million children will leave their classroom, uncertain whether they will have enough food to eat that weekend. One in five American children face food insecurity - more than the populations of New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago combined. During the school week, most of these children depend on the federal free and reduced meal program their school offers. Sometimes, the meals at school are the only ones they get. When the school closes it doors on Friday afternoon, many of these children go home to empty cupboards and hunger pangs for 65 hours until they return to school on Monday morning. Who will feed them this weekend?
We will. Due to the dedication of our volunteers throughout the country, children living with food insecurity will benefit from more than 3 million hunger-free weekends this school year.
We are seeking a Graphic Design Intern to work with our Marketing Department.
Graphic Design Intern is responsible for assisting in the fulfillment of BIB’s creative and design goals. Special projects could include: Design and integration of digital eBlasts, web graphics, artwork for social media, print media, and any other marketing collateral and projects as assigned by the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Candidate must possess a creative mind, with prior successes in driving the creative process.
- Having a computer and access to graphic design and layout software is required.
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Word Press, Illustrator, & Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications. BIB Louisville internship positions are available for credit and last approximately 16 weeks.
- Looking for students that have 12-15 hours a week to dedicate.
- Internship position is not compensated. Intern may be eligible for college credits.
Application Guidelines: Please submit the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
Internship Sessions: Please note that we conduct most of our hiring around these sessions, but are constantly evaluating our internship needs.
Winter/Spring: January - April (Deadline: November 30)
Summer: May -- August (Deadline: February 15)
Fall: September - December (Deadline: July 15)
Please submit requested documents to Anita Knazze, Manager of Volunteer Services, at email@example.com
- Project Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 12-15 hours per week
- Creativity and Enthusiasm