Jewish Family Service is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. One of the programs at JFS that strives to do this is the Positive Parenting Program (PPP) which provides education, support, and empowerment through free parenting classes to families in San Diego County. By helping parents become self-empowered and overcome their challenges, families are kept safe and thriving.
Goal of Position:
PPP impacts thousands of families a year, which translates to maintaining a large amount of data. Identifying and analyzing gaps and patterns in the data helps the program improve upon its services for parents and childcare providers in the community. This volunteer would help to support the Program Analyst in collecting, entering, and reviewing program data for completeness and accuracy. In other words, your service will make a big impact!
* Collaborate with friendly staff who are passionate about their work
* Provide critical support to human service agency working to transform our entire community
* Ability to learn valuable data collection and analysis skills
* Gain exposure to programmatic operations and learn the inner workings of a social service agency
* Opportunity to attend classes on child development led by our Parent Educators
* JFS will provide ETO training that can be used at any organization that utilizes ETO
* Filing of confidential client information
* Creation of assessment packets
* Pulling of specific data upon request
* Contributing ideas for streamlining data collection procedures
* Assists with data input and basic qualitative and quantitative analysis as needed
* Special projects as assigned
* Ability to work independently, with good judgment and discretion
* A commitment to client confidentiality
* Desire to be a team player, and possesses strong critical thinking and communication skills.
* Experience with data entry and analysis is preferred
* Comfortable with computers and Microsoft Excel
1. Able to provide own transportation to the JFS Headquarters in Kearny Mesa
2. Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High School Diploma
3. Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
4. Complete Volunteer Interview with Volunteer Engagement Department and Program Staff
5. Agree to background check, reference check, and privacy & security policy
The JFS offices are open Monday through Thursday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, and Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm. Volunteers are asked to make a 1-2 hour a week commitment during business hours, for a minimum of 3 months.
Positive Parenting Program of Jewish Family Service
* 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego * CA 92123
Positive Parenting Program Administrative Assistant
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months
- Musical Entertainers Needed!
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Experience Career and Employment...
- Friendly Match: Mentor a Refugee...
- St. Paul's Cathedral: Help...
- Prepare Warm Meals to Feed Your...
- Give a Ride and a Smile: Older...
- Community Presenter Wanted!...
- Mandarin Translator
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Nutrition Server: Help Serve...
- Camp Pendleton & Murphy Canyon:...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Home Not Alone: Help an Older...
- Nonprofit Reception Support...
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant