GENERAL PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Program Committee is an non-paid part- time position with credited volunteer hours based on a time commitment of 10 hours per week, which involves; establishing policies that guide the design and implementation of program activities; evaluate program effectiveness; and guarantee that the program address the needs of the organization
PLUS+ Professionals: PLUS+ Professionals program is focused on improving entrepreneurial and financial literacy by offering the tools and resources that will help give plus size men, women, and teens, the knowledge they will need for personal and professional economic growth.
This program specifically hosts the annual PLUS Business Summit which is a roundtable speed coaching event featuring keynote speakers, and networking. We are in need of the following types of volunteers:
Community Outreach Coordinators
Local Day Volunteers
Business Topic Coaches - Government Contracting, Sales & Operations
Business Startup, Websites & Branding, Social Media Strategies
Legal Counsel, Financial Wellness, Business Taxes and more
- Registration, Hospitality
Required Skill Set
* Organization & Communication Skills
* Exude PLUS Positivity - Confident, Caring, Admirable, Ambitious
* Time Management Skills
* Enjoy social event planning
* Dependable and the ability to work independently.
* Strategic Planner
* Leadership qualities
* Event planning and coordination
* Evaluate program effectiveness
* Develop strategies to build an audience for each event
* Develop event ideas based on the mission and goals of the program
* Community outreach
* Resource Development
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Knowledge and capability of using the variety of Microsoft Office Suites .
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and act within professional boundaries .
This is a part-time internship and we require that you have your own computer to complete the internship projects and tasks. Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks.
Complete the following online questionnaire
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Administrative Support
- Adult Education
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment