SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit which provides rescue, care, and rehabilitation for southern California's wild parrots. When a parrot is injured or orphaned, they are given care at our sanctuary in Jamul.
As an Animal Care volunteer, you will spend 2 to 4 hours (one day each week) assisting with cleaning tasks, refilling food, washing dishes, raking enclosures, etc. Our daily work may not seem glamorous, but our cause is unique and important!
Currently, we have a need for Animal Care volunteers during the week (Monday-Friday), but there are additional on-site projects available for weekend volunteers.
If you are interested in gaining more hands-on Animal Care experience and giving back to a local organization, this could be the role for you!
We provide orientation, on-site training, and full support. You provide the elbow grease and manpower to help us continue to rescue these amazing, endangered species.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months; 1 shift per week, 2 to 4 hours per shift
- Under 18 considered with parent/guardian
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul --...
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Rescue & Transport Injured...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Support Wild Parrot Conservation
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Weekly Animal Care - farm...
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!