The Centreville Labor Resource Center provides a safe, organized Center for day laborers to wait and negotiate with potential employers. The CLRC also provides training and education to increase workers’ job opportunities and quality of life. The CLRC Operations Support volunteer is responsible for supporting staff in job distribution and record keeping during Center operation hours.
- Assist in the distribution of jobs at the Centreville Labor Resource Center.
- Ensure that all workers sign in and are registered with CLRC upon their arrival every morning. Check for a record of each person in salesforce database until you are familiar with them. Register workers with no records.
- Facilitate negotiations between potential employers and workers.
- Maintain order and enforce code of conduct.
- Record any behavior incidents or employer complaints and report them to staff immediately
- Register new workers and employers.
- Explain mission of CLRC, job distribution processes and other topics as needed with potential employers or community partners.
- Answer incoming phone calls and assist callers as needed.
- Maintain worker list on whiteboard to ensure that the job distribution process remains transparent and easy to understand for new workers
- Assist in outreach to nearby street area where workers continue to congregate
- Inform them of Center services, report job availability to them and encourage them to use the Center.
- Provide support to workers
- Orient new workers to mission and vision of CLRC, explain democratic model of governance.
- Refer workers to other agencies and resources as needed
- Record job data in salesforce database.
Times and Location:
- Location: The Centreville Labor Resource Center, 5956 Centreville Crest Ln, Centreville, VA 20121 (On the back side of the shopping center)
- Days/Times: Peak hiring hours- between the hours of 8 AM to 12 noon, Monday through Friday
- Commitment per week: 6-12 hours weekly.
- Length of commitment: at least 12 to 14 week period.
- Excludes Thanksgiving weekend, December holidays and spring break.
- Please let program staff know about any absences at least 1 week ahead of time if possible so that a substitute may be found.
- Completion of CLRC volunteer application and participation in individual interview and orientation with CLRC program staff
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Availability for peak hiring times 2 to 5 days weekly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and internet.
- Some experience working with immigrant communities
- Comfort with working as a team, strong oral and written communication skills, responsible with email communication
- Organized, works well with others, committed, empathetic and patient.
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6-12 hrs/week. 12-14 week commitment