Learn how to refurbish and troubleshoot Apple computers and equipment. A Macintosh build Intern gains skills in testing, reformatting, and researching Apple laptops and desktop computers. In addition, you’ll gain experience doing advance repairs such as screen swaps and logic board swaps.
Free Geek Supervisor: Kyle KasnerResponsibilities
- Process and test functionality of laptops, desktops, all-in ones, and others .
- Complete repairs such as screen swaps, battery replacements, etc.
- Work along staff to help build and refine processes and documents.
- Research devices for reuse and refurbishment possibilities.
- Keep abreast changes and new releases in both hardware and software.
- Support Free Geek staff in triaging and recycling incoming Apple devices and accessories.
- Help maintain Free Geek data security standard.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work on very small items with extreme care
- An interest and aptitude in problem solving and troubleshooting
- A desire to learn more about Mac OS X operating systems
- Ability to deal with changes in processes
- General knowledge of computers and technology
Please fill out our application form at freegeek.org/internships, and we’ll get back to you soon. While you wait for us to contact you to schedule an interview, please attend a 30-minute Volunteer Orientation, offered at 11am and 4pm, Tuesday-Saturday, required for all new volunteers and interns.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Internet Research
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- at least 8 hours/week, at least 3 months