Want to be part of the welcoming committee for Free Geek? As a Reception & Outreach Intern, you’ll be the face of Free Geek! You’ll focus your skills in customer service, database management, document creation, volunteer support, and scheduling. You’ll also have the opportunity to lead daily volunteer tours at Free Geek, plan volunteer appreciation events, and even get involved in Free Geek’s off-site recruitment.
Job Title: Reception Intern
Hours Weekly: 5 to 24 hours/week
Free Geek Supervisor: Omar VargasResponsibilities
- Maintain a welcoming and helpful reception area.
- Answer questions about Free Geek in-person, over the phone, and via email.
- Advise and schedule volunteer shifts, and log volunteer hours.
- Print and maintain a variety of Free Geek documentation.
- Lead volunteer tours.
- Clean and organize Free Geek’s reception areas.
- Organize and file volunteer data.
- Support offsite tabling and recruitment events.
- Strong organizational skills
- A polite and approachable demeanor
- Good phone and email etiquette
- Knowledge of Google suite (Drive, Calendars, Docs, etc.)
- Fluency in Spanish is a big plus
Please fill out our application form at freegeek.org/internships, and we’ll get back to you soon. While you wait for us to contact you to schedule an interview, please attend a 30-minute Volunteer Orientation, offered at 11am and 4pm, Tuesday-Saturday, required for all new volunteers and interns.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- at least 4 hours/week, at least 3 months