Learn how to refurbish and troubleshoot the most cutting-edge technology in our Mobile Devices Refurbishment Internship! A Mobile Devices Refurbishment Intern gains skills in testing, reformatting, and researching tablet devices, mp3 players, smartphones, and a host of other handheld devices. In addition, you’ll gain experience doing simple repairs such as screen swaps and battery replacements.
Job Title: Mobile Devices Refurbishment Internship
Hours Weekly: At least 8 hours/week (2 shifts/week)
Free Geek Supervisor: Jeff Churchill & Pico MitchellResponsibilities
- Process and test functionality of smartphones, tablets, mp3, and other mobile devices.
- Complete repairs such as screen swaps, battery replacements, etc. on a large array of small devices.
- Work along staff to help build and refine processes and documents.
- Research devices for reuse and refurbishment possibilities.
- Keep abreast changes and new releases in both hardware and software.
- Support Free Geek staff in triaging and recycling incoming mobile devices and accessories.
- Help maintain Free Geek data security standard.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work on very small items with extreme care
- An interest and aptitude in problem solving and troubleshooting
- A desire to learn more about iOS and Android operating systems
- Ability to deal with changes in processes
- General knowledge of computers and technology
Please fill out our application form, select 'Other,’ type Mobile Devices Refurbishment Internship, and we’ll get back to you soon. While you wait for us to contact you to schedule an interview, please attend a 30-minute Volunteer Orientation, offered at 11am and 4pm, Tuesday-Saturday, required for all new volunteers and interns.
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- at least 8 hours/week, at least 3 month commitment