The Women’s Empowerment Program of Refugee Focus is searching for a volunteer to teach our refugee women’s nutrition classes.
The volunteer will teach nutrition class four times a month 9am to 12:30pm at the Refugee Focus office. The volunteer will receive training on how to teach the class, and will receive the existing curriculum (powerpoint and speaking notes) to deliver the material. The volunteer will also be tasked with making curriculum changes and improvements based on feedback from the women in the classroom. The volunteer would also assist the Women’s Empowerment Specialist in recruiting women to attend the class and scheduling interpreters.
Applicants should have a strong understanding of nutrition. Applicants must be comfortable working with female refugees concerning personal topics and have experience working in a multi-cultural environment.Job duties include:
- Teaching weekly women’s nutrition classes
- Making changes to the powerpoint, speaking notes, handouts, and other curriculum items as needed
- Guiding refugee women on field trips into the community
- Tracking class attendance, retention, and feedback
Starting Date: February 2017
End Date: May 2017 (potential to extend position into the summer}
Hours: Every Wednesday from 9am to 12:30pm
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3.5 hours per week
- Online application, 2 professional references
- Refugee Focus Spring Intern 2017
- PART-TIME SEWING INSTRUCTOR
- Professional Mentors Needed
- Computer Tutor
- Refugee Focus Mentoring Program...
- Community Engagement Volunteer
- Refugee Focus Women’s...
- English Language Training...
- English Language Tutor for...
- Refugee Child Care Volunteer
- Women's Nutrition Volunteer...