ASSIGNMENT: Praxair Cancer Center (Services within the support service area, chemotherapy infusion suite, resource room, radiation
DEPARTMENT: Praxair Cancer Center / Support Services
OBJECTIVE: To support staff in the Cancer Center with tasks and assist patients receiving treatment by making resources (comfort tems, books, etc.) available to them.
MAJOR TASKS :
- Provide snacks to patients receiving treatment (Tour beverage/snack cart)
- Assist with handing out lunches to patients receiving treatment
- Assist with clerical/computer work as directed by staff within the Cancer Center
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks (cutting material, organiz ing books in library)
NOTE: Volunteers are not allowed, under any circumstance,
to counsel or offer advice to patients.
DAYS & TIMES
NEEDED : Monday thru Friday mornings and afternoons
- Strong interpersonal skills with friendly and pleasant manner
- Awareness of and sensitivity to patients needs and desires
- Ability to push cart
- Ability to follow direction and work on own
- Must have knowledge of and strict adherence to hospital policies concerning confidentiality, in relation to patients, physicians and other staff members, as well as other perti nent hospital policies
- If volunteer is a cancer survivor, they must be out of treat ment (chemotherapy or radiation) for one year.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of six months of service.
- Office Guru Needed to Assist in...
- Praxair Cancer Center Volunteers...
- Become an Emergency Department...
- Are you a Book Worm? We are...
- Newtown Primary Care Clinic...
- Enjoy Baking Cookies? Join Our...
- Hospitality Cart Volunteers Needed
- Patient Relations Liaison Needed...
- Have a Certified Pet Therapy...