ASSIGNMENT: Patient Relations Liaison
DEPARTMENT: Patient Relations & Service Excellence
To interact with all appropriate newly admitted patients (excluding isolation, altered mental status, Detox, non-communicative, English as a second language, and e nd of life) to assess the environment and inform them of a variety of entitled services and programs we offer.
Assess overall environment. Using script, inform patient of your role in helping them settle in and inform them about services and information available to them i.e.
P care tv system
Communication regarding medical folder - what they can expect
Contact sheet for family and friends
Our quiet at night initiative - what they can expect us to offer and do after hours to help them rest
Free phone, how to dial, how to use a phone card
Free TV service
Review amenities with patient including pillow speaker
Report all issues and concerns to designated staff memberDAYS & TIMES Sunday thru Saturday
NEEDED: 10:00-1:00, Evenings... We can work out individual schedules
- Must have the ability to feel comfortable in a patient setting
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a friendly, pleasant and inviting manner
- Must be able to communicate your purpose in a professional and caring manner
- Must be an attentive listener
- Have empathy
- Must have knowledge of and adherence to hospital policies concerning confidentiality, in relation to patients, physicians, and other staff members.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of six months of service.
- Office Assistant/Volunteer...
- Bedside Buddies Program at...
- Are you a Book Worm? We are...
- Roaming Hospital Food Cart...
- Enjoy Baking Cookies? Join Our...
- Accountable Health Communities...
- Hospitality Cart Volunteers Needed
- Greet Patients as an Ambassador...
- Patient Relations Liaison Needed...
- Have a Certified Pet Therapy...
- Join our Patient and Family...