137 people are interested
Show you care! Come greet and support patients and families at Lurie Children's hospital!
137 people are interested
**NOTE: The hospital has strict COVID-19 restrictions (such as universal masking, social distancing, and a Covid-19 vaccine mandate) in place to keep patients, families, staff, and volunteers safe.**
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is seeking hospitality volunteers to help in a variety of roles.
Typical hospitality activities include greeting patients and families, directing guests and visitors, way-finding, answering questions, delivering comfort items, and assisting with discharges.
Time commitment: One 3-hour shift per week, for 6 months. Exact shift times vary by area but typically fall sometime between 10am-7pm, M-F.
- Must be friendly and empathetic
- Must be 18+ years old and no longer a student (please see our website for student volunteer opportunities)
- Must have at least one specific day/timeframe you can commit to that doesn't change week to week for the 6-month commitment
- Must feel comfortable working with children/youth of all ages (infant-24 yrs.)
- If selected, must complete a health clearance (including providing proof of a Covid-19 vaccine) and background check process before starting
- Must feel comfortable in hospital setting
- Must be able to stand/walk for most of the 3 hour shift
- Learn more about this program and others offered via our website: https://www.luriechildrens.org/en-us/ways-to-get-involved/volunteer/become-volunteer/Pages/when-can-you-volunteer.aspx
- Submit an online application via the link above. You will receive further instructions upon submission and review of your questionnaire.
For questions, feel free to reach out to Volunteer Coordinator, Courtney Calero at email@example.com.
About Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
225 East Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611, US
We are dedicated to the health and well-being of all children. As the pediatric teaching facility of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, this commitment drives us to be a leader in: • Pediatric healthcare delivery • Research into the prevention, causes and treatment of diseases that affect children • Education for physicians, nurses and allied health professionals • Advocacy for the general well-being of all children. As a charitable organization, we serve children and their families to the best of our abilities and the limits of our resources.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, formerly Children’s Memorial Hospital, provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 130 year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital225 East Chicago Ave.Chicago, IL 60611
September 24, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 3-hour shift per week, for 6 months.
- See posting