Want to make a difference in the lives of local childhood cancer patients and survivors, and their families? Look no further!
Camp Casco is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to provide sources of lifelong emotional support to local children with cancer and their families. Our capstone program provides a free weeklong sleep-away summer camp to childhood cancer patients and survivors in Massachusetts. Campers enjoy a fun-filled week of traditional summer camp activities at a YMCA campsite in the Berkshires, including canoeing, swimming, archery, and indoor rock climbing. Parents rest easy, knowing that their child is in the capable hands of our experienced camp counselors and a professional medical staff. The entire week of camp is provided free-of-cost, including transportation to and from the campsite. Bonds formed at camp are strengthened through participation in free family socials throughout the year. Our goal is to build supportive relationships that will persist well beyond the week of camp itself.
We provide this much-needed service through the hard work of volunteer committees all year round. Our Marketing Committee works to effectively communicate our goals and organizational priorities to our community, and is currently seeking a Public Relations Coordinator to assist with marketing efforts throughout the year!
Our Public Relations Coordinator position includes the following responsibilities:
- Mass communications, journalism or liberal arts education and/or relevant internship experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with experience writing for diverse audiences
- Experience writing press releases, bylines, blog posts and other content marketing materials
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Initiative to ask questions, pick up the phone, take action and think ahead
- Ability to thrive with minimal direct supervision in a remote work environment and adapt to changing priorities quickly
- Creative, solutions-oriented thinker with the capacity to approach problems from multiple perspectives
This position is supported by the Director of Marketing, and meets with the Marketing Committee about once per month. Hours are very flexible, and a minimum of 4 hours per week is preferred. While many of our volunteers are based in Boston, volunteers located anywhere in Massachusetts are encouraged to apply, as meeting attendance and volunteer work can all be done remotely.
To apply for the Public Relations Coordinator position, please contact us. Please specify which position you are applying for, describe your interest in volunteering with Camp Casco and include information about any relevant qualifications or experiences you may have.
For more information about Camp Casco, visit www.campcasco.org . We look forward to hearing from you!
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Flexible; 3-4 hours per week preferred
- 2 years of college or 2 years of relevant experience