Canine Companions for Independence is looking for a Publicity Chair to lead a committee to publicize 2017 DogFest DFW event. 2017 will mark the 3rd annual event. Publicity Chair must be available to meet once a month for committee meetings and have availability to assist committee members in publicizing event through print, media and online means. Position description is below but subject to change. Publicity Chair candidates will need to meet with Canine Companions staff before being accepted for the position.
- Recruit a Publicity committee to help you execute this role. You’ll want to do publicity in two waves: (1) Working with the team recruitment chair -recruitment of teams - DogFest is coming; and (2) Event day - encouraging the public to come out to DogFest.
- Work with the staff partner and event chair to create an outreach plan that includes traditional outreach like TV, radio and local newspaper, as well as community marketing through organizational online and offline newsletters and calendars.
- Distribution of print materials throughout community - Businesses, dog-related companies and organizations, churches, clubs, etc. Recruit others to distribute in their communities
- Assist in media relations efforts - Seek out media connections and make initial contact: television, radio, newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Post event on community calendars throughout DFW
- Assist in social media efforts - Sharing of event page and increasing activity of event page
- Develop new ideas for social media engagement
- Seek out and recruit volunteer photographers and videographers
- Assist in developing new publicity ideas and tactics
- Support staff partner in other publicity and communication as needed
- With the help of the staff partner and/or regional PR Staff, send newsletter content, news releases and human interest stories of Canine Companions graduates to media as testimonial of what we do with the money we raise.
- Manage Fund-A-Pup program.
- Ensure DogFest posters and postcards get distributed in the community to encourage participation and team formation.
- Identify and lead outreach activities (parades, fairs, booths, etc.).
- Organize demos in the community to educate about Canine Companions, the mission and our dogs.
- At DogFest, meet and greet media, take pictures to capture the event for Canine Companions and community newspapers who might publish reader submissions.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hours per week