The Roxbury/North Dorchester NOC provides emergency, general, and educational programs and services which seek to assist individuals and families to thrive. Currently, we are looking for dedicated interns who are interested in learning and demonstrating their ability to work in a diverse multicultural environment. Interns will learn how to use the intake as an assessment tool, complete follow- up calls, and document daily events.
- Assist in maintaining and updating client files
- Contact clients for follow-up services, connect clients with appropriate staff person
- Assist clients with filling out applications for services
- Support site with various administrative tasks, client file maintenance and data entry
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED required
- Must have prior experience in office work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese)
Length of Commitment:
December 2016 - May 2017
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Flexible schedule for 15 to 25 hours per week between Monday and Friday from 9am to 5pm.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Hatian / Creole
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 15 to 25 hours per week between Monday and Friday
- High School diploma/ GED
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORS
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Future Protectors Initiative...
- Community Planning and Research...