If you are looking for a way to:
- "be the change you want to see in the world"
- Make an impact
- Build your resume and volunteer experience
- Use your skills to help us
Seeking #GivingTuesday Ambassadors to spread the word on social media and in your community about the need help homeless citizens on the path to self-sufficiency in Morris County, NJ.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Family Promise of Morris County (FPMC) is building awareness about the crisis of homelessness in Morris County NJ and seeking Ambassadors to share the message through #GivingTuesday. We have over 100 people on our waitlist currently, 6 years old is the average age of a shelter recipient and we believe ever child deserves a home.
Be an Ambassador, be a Champion for this cause. Share messages on social media with friends, families and the world. Let them know there are ways to make an impact. Simply sharing the message is awesome or options to get more involved is available. For those seeking to be a Super-Ambassador, volunteering 5-10 hours per week, we will provide you with training, a certificate and will be named on our media outreach, newsletter and website.
Facebook: @FamilyPromiseMorris / https://www.facebook.com/FamilyPromiseMorris/#
Twitter: @MCFamilyPromiseMorris / https://twitter.com/MCFamilyPromise
Instagram:@FamilyPromiseMorris / https://www.instagram.com/familypromisemorris/
We have capacity to eradicate homelessness in our community. And if we don’t care, then who will care?
About FPMC, we provide:
- Emergency Shelter
- Community Support
- Transitional Housing
- Permanent Housing
- Housing Vouchers
- Day Center for families
- Drop-In Center
- 4,438 bed nights provided
- Overall 6,000 case management hours
- 94% Success rate of emergency shelter clients getting and keeping housing
- 93% of donations go directly to support families in programs
- Our Promise Drop In center (opened July 21 2015):
- Provided clinical case management in 1-on-1 private sessions, having served 18,000 face to face meetings
- Organized and managed over 6,000 pieces of mail for over 500 individuals.
FPMC adheres to these values:
- The right to self-determination of the people we serve
- A non-judgmental attitude
- Family first, regardless of family status or gender
- Empowerment vs. enabling
- Mutual respect and integrity
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Crisis Counseling
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- >1 minute to 5-10 hrs/week