Language Interpreter volunteer for the Tax Prep Program
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where210 O StreetLincoln, NE 68508
Interpreter volunteers offer support to the site by interpreting for taxpayers who have limited English language skills. An interpreter cannot answer any Tax Law questions or determine certification levels unless the interpreter has certified in Tax Law. An interpreter will assist in the making sure that participants and the volunteer communicate effectively.
Interpret for volunteers and taxpayers to ensure accurate communication and taxpayer understanding.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Friendly, dependable, and flexible
Fluent in your language of interpretation
Ability to deal with volunteers, and the public in a helpful and supportive manner in a fast-paced environment
Interpreter require a minimum of 2 hours of training; receiving trainng on ethics and volunteer policies.
Suggested volunteer commitment:
We encourage volunteers to sign up to volunteer at least 1-2 times a week as their schedule allows.
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Tax Preparer volunteer for the...
- Scheduler volunteer for the Tax...
- Language Interpreter volunteer...
- Quality Reviewer volunteer for...
- Greeter volunteer for the Tax...
- Finisher volunteer for the Tax...
- Head Start Childcare volunteer -...
- Intake Interviewer volunteer for...
- Credit Reviewer volunteer for...