Greeter volunteer for the Tax Prep Program
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where210 O StreetLincoln, NE 68508
Greeter volunteers offer support to the site and volunteer preparers, along with greeting clients as they walk into the site. A greeter cannot answer any tax law questions or determine certification levels unless certified in tax law.
Greet all taxpayers visiting the site to create a pleasant atmosphere.
Direct taxpayers to their intake, finishing, or financial check-up appointments.
Give each taxpayer an Intake/Interview sheet and any additional information needed prior to the intake process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Friendly, dependable, and flexible.
Ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
Ability to deal with volunteers, and the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
Greeters require a minimum of 2 hours of training on ethics and volunteer policies and procedures.
Successfully certify to the Standard of Conduct training for the Tax Prep Program.
Suggested volunteer commitment:
We encourage volunteers to sign up to volunteer at least 1-2 times a week as their schedule allows.
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Tax Preparer volunteer for the...
- Scheduler volunteer for the Tax...
- Language Interpreter volunteer...
- Quality Reviewer volunteer for...
- Be a Retail Star! Incentive...
- Greeter volunteer for the Tax...
- Finisher volunteer for the Tax...
- Head Start Childcare volunteer -...
- Intake Interviewer volunteer for...
- Credit Reviewer volunteer for...