We are seeking mature college students, recent college graduates or graduate students who are interested in the mental health field and who would like to volunteer to support our teen patients (ages 13-17) during their school time period on weekday mornings. Volunteers work with the teacher to support teen patients while they complete homework assignments or engage in other structured activities (puzzles, arts/crafts, board games). Volunteers provide supportive, positive dialogues that motivate and support our youngest patients who are in treatment for a psychiatric or addictive disorder.
After being selected for this position, volunteers must complete a one-day hospital orientation that takes place on the first Monday of the month (except on holiday Mondays). Candidates must also provide one written reference and complete a TB screening (PPD).
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours on a weekday morning
- Social Work Department Assistant
- Women's Group 12-step Meeting...
- Adolescent Programs-School Time...
- Business Office Assistant
- Make some music!
- Help Teens Overcome Addiction...
- Meditation Group Leader
- Calling All Sunday Morning Bakers!
- Recreational Group Assistant
- Medical Library Assistant
- Monday 10:00 a.m. Art Group for...
- 12-Step Discussion Group Leader
- Adolescent Unit-Greet Visitors...
- Greet Patients & Families During...
- Delight Patients with Your...
- Admissions Office Assistant
- Family & Patient...
- Knit One, Purl Two: Teach...