Objective: To create promotional videos about HandsOn San Diego to share on our social media account and show in our outreach presentations.
Location: Training in person at our office in Kearny Mesa. Position will require visiting select projects throughout San Diego County, transportation may be provided. Video editing can be done remotely or in our shared office space.
- Collaborate on a storyboard for each video with HandsOn San Diego staff and/or board.
- Gather footage by visiting HandsOn projects, interviewing volunteers or clients, etc.
- Edit footage into videos about HandsOn San Diego, our Team Leader program, highlighting projects, etc.
- Archive and organize footage online for future use by HandsOn San Diego.
- Upload videos after approval to an online platform such as YouTube.
- Proven knowledge in video production and post-production.
- Candidates must have their own DSLR camera, tripod, and audio equipment.
- Candidates must have access to video editing software such as Final Cut Pro X.
- Receptive to feedback and able to adapt to organization’s desired messaging.
Time Commitment: Flexible, 2-3 hours/week for at least 3 months.
Training and Support: 1.5-2 hour orientation and support during office hours. Production assistance provided as needed.
- Video experience that can be included in personal portfolio.
- Behind the scenes experience with a nonprofit organization.
- Leadership and professional development opportunities available.
- HandsOn San Diego membership.
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Sound Production
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours/week for at least 3 months