Help your community by preparing taxes for low-wage workers. Become a VITA tax volunteer in SoCal!
16 people are interested
BSP is looking for VITA Volunteers to give back to their community. The VITA volunteer will meet with the janitorial workers based on their appointment time and will help complete the taxes via computer. If preparing taxes is not your thing, you can also help us by making appointments, doing quality review, or being a greater. The VITA volunteer must pass the VITA exam and be willing to volunteer up until the end of Tax Season: April 20, 2018. Training of Basic Tax exam through the IRS Certification and Financial Capability Services will be provided.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare for the VITA Test. (Materials will be provided)
- Be willing to volunteer 2 days out of the week.
- Be meticulous when assisting with taxes.
- Volunteer until April 20, 2018.
- Pass the VITA test.
- Walk-through Financial Capability services with tax-filer.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
- Flexibility, strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated an ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds.
- Willing to commit at least once a week for the duration of tax season.
Email a resume with cover letter explaining interest and qualifications to Monica Zambrano at
828 W. Washington Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 900151936 W. Chapman Ave. Orange, CA 928684001 El Cajon Blvd. Suite 211 San Diego, CA 92105Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Financial Service Assistance
- Financial Literacy
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 days per week