This 90-acre country retreat sits only a short distance from hectic Rt. 128, yet will transport you back 100 years to a bucolic world of majestic homes, elegant gardens, carriage rides, fields and woodlands - all the amenities of gracious, turn-of-the-century living in the Neponset River Valley. The Communications Intern will work with our Engagement Site Manager assisting in developing and distributing promotional materials, and occasionally in conducting arts, cultural and/or natural history events at the Estate. Good writing and verbal communication skills and interest in interpretation of historic homes and/or natural history preferred. This three-month (initially) position will focus on the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate in Canton and work may be done remotely with biweekly check-ins.
* Assist in the development of promotional materials such as flyers and other means of promoting programs and events - e.g., social media to increase program and event participation
* Promote The Trustees’ mission and programming in communications materials and with visitors
* Encourage visitors to engage with The Trustees through volunteer opportunities and membership
* Assist with event support, including checking in visitors, offering information on The Trustees, and ensuring smooth logistics
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to get along with others and work successfully on a team
* Proficient at Microsoft Office applications
* Experience with social media
* Organized and flexible
* Interest in historic homes, museums and/or public gardens a plus
* Must provide own transportation to the site
* Must have access to a personal laptop/computer
* Physical abilities require continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching, and occasional climbing, stooping, twisting and fine manipulation; occasional environmental exposure to cold
Time Commitment Need
Weekly commitment of 2 hours; 3 month commitment.
To Apply send a cover letter and resume to Eileen Small at email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Graphic Design
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours weekly; 3 month commitment
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Kitchen Assistant - Powisset Farm
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- BNAN Community Garden Archive...
- Appleton Family Scanning Project...
- Communications Intern - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- For a Song - Powisset Farm
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Mission House Collections...
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Habitat Restoration - Copicut...
- Allen C. Haskell Papers...