This 90-acre country retreat sits only a short distance from hectic Rt. 128, yet will transport you back 100 years to a bucolic world of majestic homes, elegant gardens, carriage rides, fields and woodlands - all the amenities of gracious, turn-of-the-century living in the Neponset River Valley. The Communications Intern will work with our Engagement Site Manager assisting in developing and distributing promotional materials, and occasionally in conducting arts, cultural and/or natural history events at the Estate. Good writing and verbal communication skills and interest in interpretation of historic homes and/or natural history preferred. This three-month (initially) position will focus on the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate in Canton and work may be done remotely with biweekly check-ins.
This is a non-paid internship.
* Assist in the development of promotional materials such as flyers and other means of promoting programs and events - e.g., social media to increase program and event participation
* Promote The Trustees’ mission and programming in communications materials and with visitors
* Encourage visitors to engage with The Trustees through volunteer opportunities and membership
* Assist with event support, including checking in visitors, offering information on The Trustees, and ensuring smooth logistics
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to get along with others and work successfully on a team
* Proficient at Microsoft Office applications
* Experience with social media
* Organized and flexible
* Interest in historic homes, museums and/or public gardens a plus
* Must provide own transportation to the site
* Must have access to a personal laptop/computer
* Physical abilities require continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching, and occasional climbing, stooping, twisting and fine manipulation; occasional environmental exposure to cold
Time Commitment Need
Weekly commitment of 2 hours; 3 month commitment.
To Apply send a cover letter and resume to Eileen Small at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Graphic Design
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours weekly; 3 month commitment
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Gardening Volunteer - Dunes'...
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Invasive Species Control...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Engagement Survey Volunteer -...
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Communications Outreach...
- Barnyard Story Hour Volunteer -...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...