Fundraiser / Donor Relation Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown AvenueSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
Established in 2006, Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social service organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, Middle-East, North Africa, and Latin America into American society.
As CIANA provides basic services that seek to make daily life easier to navigate, we would like to expand our help to provide access to benefits and application assistance.
The fundraiser / Donor relation Volunteer organizes activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for Ciana organization.
S/he leads efforts towards maintaining and building upon existing relationships with our partners, as well as individual donors. S/he will be responsible for creating and following a consistent and organized process of thanking our donors. Ultimately, s/he will be working with our donors with the goal of keeping them happy and coming back for more.
- Initiating and maintaining a successful crowdfunding campaign
- Maintaining both email and ground mail fundraising campaigns
- Researching prospective donors
- Creating a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Conducting fundraising strategies for Ciana
- Identifying and contact potential donors
- Organizing a campaign or event that will lead to soliciting donations
- Maintaining records of donor information for future use
- Communicating regularly via emails, phone calls, and video conferences with those who support financially or otherwise
- Keeping our supporters informed of what we are doing, specifically when they have the opportunity to contribute and/or participate in some way
- Evaluating the success of previous fundraising events
- Ensuring that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with fundraising campaigns or working in development
- Communication skills: Fundraisers need impeccable communication skills in order to communicate the message of Ciana organization so that people will make donations.
- Detail oriented: S/he deals with large volumes of data, including lists of people’s names and phone numbers, and must comply with state and federal regulations.
- Organizational skills: S/he manages campaigns and events that require planning and organizational skills to succeed.
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 months commitment minimun, 10 hours per week