Join our Docent Training program and
make a difference for the oceans!
Our dynamic 10-week education program, beginning
January 11, 2017, will give you all the tools you need to
interpret innovative marine science and conservation for
Become a volunteer
* Gain experience in public speaking
* Work with animals at the seawater table and shark pool
* Interact with the Long Marine Lab community
* Participate in expanded and in-depth learning
Applications are now being accepted and reviewed. To apply, download an application form at
seymourcenter.ucsc.edu. Call (831) 459-3854 for more information. Summer availability is a must.
Docents must be at least 18 years old by the start of training in January 2017. Minimum commitment is one shift every other week for one year including summer months.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- one shift every other week for one year-4hrs/shift