Culinary Volunteer Needed!
25 people are interested
We are looking for a volunteer to support our lunch/culinary program.
The volunteer will assist the Granite Academy chef in:
- Supervising and supporting students in step- up, preparation, cooking, serving lunches and clean-up.
- Support to maintain inventory of kitchen.
- Work with the chef and the students to maintain good quality in the kitchen operations.
- To learn and use the behavioral management system in working with students.
Granite Academy is a fully approved Chapter 766 special needs school located in Braintree MA. We serve middle and high school aged students in grades 5-12 who are referred to us from over 30 local school districts. Out students have mental health issues that complicate their learning. In addition to engaging in Granite Academy clinical services, many of our students receive community based mental health care, privately or through the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health.
With an enrollment of 48 students, Granite Academy staff is able to remain intensively focused on the needs of each student. We approach each student with an interdisciplinary approach that requires a collaborative effort of teachers, counselors, ancillary staff and specialists.
We'll work with your schedule.
6 Columbian StreetBraintree, MA 02184
- Cooking / Catering
- Special Needs
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours/week