Purpose: Help Illuminate the lives of Orange County's most vulnerable population by serving side by side with our Communications/Development and Volunteer teams! This opportunity is great for those with strong communication skills with a passion to make a positive impact in our community and in the lives of our county’s most vulnerable. Come learn what it’s really like to work in the competitive nonprofit industry and implement your creativity to make a positive impact.
- Help our team with day-to-day tasks in the communications/development department
- Help create and implement social media campaigns
- Assist in creation of social media visual content. Graphic design experience desired.
- Assist team with updating database
- Create and send acknowledgement letters
- Assist team in enhancing nonprofit’s storytelling methods through visuals, videos, etc.
Time Commitment: This is a part-time, unpaid position. Office hours are Monday through Friday. Must be able to commit to 8-12 hours per week. Hours are flexible.
Qualifications: Must be comfortable working independently and as a team. Must have strong writing skills. Must have proficient graphic design skills and experience creating and implementing social media campaigns. Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Hootsuite preferred. Photography and video experience preferred. Must have experience with Office suite and mail merge. Must be able-bodied (can lift minimum of 30 lbs).
Support: Training for this position will be provided. Illumination Foundation staff will be available for questions and assistance.
Dress Code: Business Casual, dress for a professional office environment.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Must be able to commit to 8-12 hr/wk. Flexible!