Django Web Developer
A Free Bird
- Produce clean, testable, and well designed code in a timely manner
- Work with a distributed development team to integrate data from a variety of databases and back-end services
- Perform coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process
- Create and maintain Github repositories, as well as appropriate documentation
- Develop software verification plans, specifications, and quality assurance procedures
- 1-2+ years of experience in related field and/or relevant education
- Knowledge of RDBMS, OOP and interactive web application development
- A basic understanding of concepts such as version control (Git), MVP, MVC, TDD, and agile methodology
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Specialist in front end or backend (although full stack is welcome)
- Experience working with distributed engineering teams
- Experience documenting requirements and specifications
Due to the COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week. Time commitment depends on a task by task basis; average 5-10 hours/week.
Please include a link to your GitHub and/or portfolio, and description on relevant web development experience.
Please provide either a brief description of your relevant professional experience or your LinkedIn profile.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.