Reach & Rise(r) group mentoring supports youth who may experience social issues, poverty, community violence, and educational disparities. Mentors have the opportunity to change lives by helping youth express feelings and become more confident in themselves leading to an endless possibility of positive outcomes. Mentors meet with their group once a week to create a safe and healthy environment where mentees can gain a meaningful relationship.
* 21 years old
* Pass fingerprint security screening and background check
* Complete a 15 hour training (YMCA provided)
* Commit to a 16 week mentoring group during the fall or spring, or 8 weeks over the summer for 2 hours a week
* Co-facilitate a mentoring group
* Check-in weekly with Program Director
BE THE CHANGE!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours a week for a group of 8 or 16 weeks