Heart to Heart Hospice is looking for Volunteers to help with administarative and patient care. This is such a fun and rewarding opportunity to make a difference in a loved ones life.
Our administrative volunteers can assist their local hospice program with answering calls, making copies, filing, mailings, data entry, putting together admission packets and training materials, or anything that helps to enrich our programs and assist our staff members.
Our direct volunteers can help our patients and families by:
* Visiting patients regularly to provide companionship and/or lift patient’s spirits
* Sitting with patients to relieve families
* Helping with light housekeeping
* Running errands or providing transportation
* Working on life-history projects with patients for families to have
* Providing bereavement or grief support to families after the loss of their loved ones
* Making cards, sewing blankets and creating crafts for social support
* Providing specialized services like pet therapy and music enhancement
* Being patient, kind and reliable
* Being considerate of all beliefs/religious customs
- Music Therapy
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week to twice a month.