Serve as a support person to clients and assist them in connecting with community services that will lead them to obtain or retain housing. Provide transportation for client to social service agencies, community agencies and housing related matters.
- Provide assistance to clients with housing applications, housing search, accompaniment, translation, and all matters related to barriers to securing housing.
- Provide culturally competent, mobile, advocacy and direct connections to community resources.
- Maintain facility, staff, volunteer, and client confidentiality at all times
- Maintain records on all volunteer hours as directed. Report all data including volunteer time sheets in a timely manner to the Housing First Program Coordinator.
- Provide Women-Defined, Client-Centered, Trauma-Informed Advocacy and Services.
- Maintain up-to-date training on domestic violence and other related topics.
- Discuss all possible and potential Mandated Reporting with Manager immediately when identified.
- Perform other related duties and assume other responsibilities as required in furthering the agency mission, goal, and objective as directed by program Coordinator.
- Ability to work individually, on-on-one with clients and as part of a team. Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Dedicated and committed to the mission of the organization
- Open for occasion evening assignments
- Valid CA Driver License and car insurance
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Ability to attend 40 hour Domestic Violence Counselor training to receive state required certification
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow-up skills
- Financial Literacy
- Crisis Counseling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 100 hours in a 1 yr period 10 hrs a mo
- Must attend 40 hour Domestic Violence Counselor training to receive state required certifica