Willis Dady looks for a group of volunteers to prepare and serve a noontime meal to the clients. During the week, shelter clients visit other meal sites in the community, but on Sundays we want clients to have the opportunity to rest and relax at the shelter. The home cooked meals bring a sense of comfort to the clients, and it allows the volunteers to have direct contact with the clients as well, creating a sense of community.
- The meals have to be mostly prepared before coming to the shelter on Sunday
- The shelter has a kitchen with an oven, microwave, refrigerator, etc. if food needs to be reheated or kept cold
- Bring any specific serving utensils you may need (the shelter provides eating utensils)
- Be prepared to feed 25-30; if there are leftovers the clients can put them in their fridge.
- Volunteer would serve the food as well as preparing it; if this is not possible, staff can help, but we prefer the volunteer have the opportunity to interact with the clients.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours on Sunday